Sunday, December 14, 2008

Today's Medicine: Nature and Limitations

It's a beauty filled Sacred Sunday. This is the view I see from my dining room. Actually, first I see the back deck, which is filled with birds of all sizes chowing down on bird seed. I'm so glad I put bird feeders out there. I love watching the variety of winged ones that flock to the feeders. And although they are incredibly noisy, I love the stellar jays. They are quite stunning.
We don't often get snow in the Pacific Northwest. In fact, this is the first real Winter weather we've had this year. Waking up to a world blanketed in white was truly delightful. Especially since I didn't feel up to going out anywhere anyway. Pacific NW drivers aren't exactly used to driving in any level of snow and it really shows. Add to it the stresses of the upcoming holidays and staying home looks really good. I took some pictures to share with others and to help me remember the stillness and beauty of a winter morning.
Limitations came in when I started coughing more today. I've had bronchitis for over two weeks now and I thought I was through most of it. Ha- shows what I know! The colder weather has triggered a cough and an achy tiredness today, which has been less present the past couple of days. I'm thinking some more honey, spice and ginger concoction will help. And sleep. When my body says it really doesn't want to do much, I get a bit anxious and restless. I realize it's directly linked to how much my brain thinks I "SHOULD" be doing. Actively choosing to rest instead of plunging into housework is counter to my internal wiring, which is why it's so important that I slow down and allow my body to feel what it's feeling. It's that whole heart/brain/body in alignment lesson again. I expect tonight will be an early one. After eating the oatmeal I'm cooking for dinner, I think I will write a bit and then curl up with a cat or two and get some sleep. And see what wonders tomorrow will bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment