Saturday, December 27, 2008

Today's Medicine: Fallow Time

Due to dangerous road conditions I was unable to get to work today. This meant that I spent the day doing a few household chores and re-reading one of my fantasy favorites, the Redemption of Althalus by David Eddings. To be honest, wasn't a very satisfying sort of day. I know some days are like that and I accept that each day has it's blessings and challenges. I just don't like feeling of my day slipping through my fingers. So I remind myself not to fret, to just go with the flow and take care of the things I can take care of. No need to get in a tizzy fit about it, especially since I know those don't help so much.

Mostly I felt like I was in a fog, much like the weather outside. Kind of hazy, not really focused and a bit murky. Yesterday I dreamed of flying all over the place and that my toes kept getting tangled in telephone/power lines. And I had to avoid all the machines flying in the air with me. This morning I dreamed that our house was on a bluff that overlooked the ocean. In that ocean I saw a bunch of humpback whales cresting out of the water. Suddenly I realized that some of the whales were in fact orcas and there was one in particular that was as huge as my house. It was stunning and beautiful and I knew I had to find a way to climb the cliffside down to the beach to see them up close. Waking up from that sort of dream will make a person a bit hazy, I guess. Perhaps some good sleep tonight chase the cobwebs away...

No comments:

Post a Comment