Thursday, January 1, 2009

Today's Medicine: Hope and New Beginnings

If there is any kindness I can show,
or any good thing I can do
to any fellow human being,
let me do it now,
and not defer or neglect it,
as I shall not pass this way again.
-William Penn

Good thought to start the New Year and I'm really hoping that I will remember it as I pass through the year.

The first day of the New Year is always filled with Hope: we just left the chaos of December behind and we're not far enough into January to feel defeated by the things we've not accomplished yet. We have new calenders and date books to remind us of all the delightful things to do and people to see. It's an unblemished moment. And that's as it should be.

I'm not one to set New Year resolutions. I will often reflect on what's happened this past year, how I've grown, what I've let go of, the adventures and peace that I found throughout the year. I was going to take down the Yule tree and decorations today but instead found myself sleeping late, taking a long bath, sorting a few things and spending time with Littlefoot. I believe I will be heading to bed soon, for tomorrow is sure to be a full day with challenges and blessings. The vet is coming to ease Littlefoot into her next life and I need to help the rest of the furry children settle a bit. They have been a bit wild these past days, no surprise there. I think we'd all do well with some comfort and reassurance.

No comments:

Post a Comment