Monday, January 5, 2009

Today's Medicine: Positive Attitude

From my daily quote calendar:

It takes practice to hold onto hope when things look dark. But, for such a small word, "hope" has a huge power to carry us to a better place.

How fitting. I didn't read this until I got home from a very long day at work. I was surrounded by anxiety and irritability and yet I didn't let it get me down. I chose to be a Force For Good! and did my best to keep an upbeat attitude. Right now I feel a tired sense of accomplishment, knowing I did good work today (internal and external.) I think that making sure I'm taking care of myself by eating right and taking my vitamins is helping. And getting tons of sleep doesn't hurt anything either. It's easier to keep an upbeat attitude when you take care of yourself. I know this, yet there are times that I forget.

Off to have a cuppa hot chocolate, some cinnamon toast and a hot bath before bed. Tomorrow is an early day and wasn't I just talking about self-care? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment