Monday, January 26, 2009

Today's Medicine: Quiet Wisdom

Each day brings it's own wonder. And challenges. If I'm lucky, they're in balance. I got to sleep in late today- thank gods for late start Mondays. The air around our house was full of sparkles. I swear Tinkerbell had a few hundred friends shaking their booties all over the place! I know, it was just the sun glittering off the dry snow swirling but it was astonishing to see. Got to love it when Wonder shows up. I'm so grateful for that.

Quiet Wisdom came into play as I wandered through my day. I was presented with plenty of opportunities to react to the uncontrollable beings around me. Mostly I just remembered to breathe and do my best to not respond in kind. I chose not to engage or butt into situations where I didn't need to and I helped ease things when I could. Listening to that quiet voice within is so helpful.

A blessed and happy Chinese New Year to everyone too. I hope the Year of the Ox is fruitful in kind ways for all the beings that live on this planet. God knows we all need more kindness.

No comments:

Post a Comment