Sunday, January 25, 2009

Today's Medicine: Tidying Up Loose Ends

It doesn't sound much like Medicine, does it? But it is. Each loose end I snip or re-weave into my life is one less thing that my brain can obsess over. It's all about clarifying and prioritizing.

I practiced integrating my life today. I did some Ancestor work today and I feel like I've gotten the most recent dead settled on my father's paternal line and my mother's maternal line. This is a Good Thing(tm). I will be doing some ceremonies in the not too distant future which I hope will help as well. I also did some more laundry and now I'm preparing dinner for my family. I noted new birds that came to the feeders today- a red breasted nuthatch came for a visit and the hairy woodpecker was back for another meal at the suet feeder. I swept the back porch to keep the area clean of birdseed and debris and it felt good to be outside in the crisp air. It was gently snowing all day today, another reminder that we're still in the midst of Winter. As if I needed another reminder of that!

Life certainly has some sweet moments. I hope I remember to savor them as they come...

No comments:

Post a Comment