Monday, January 12, 2009

Today's Medicine: Listening

I've been fretting about finances lately. So what happens? The Universe provides me with a few extra days at work to help out. I laughed to myself when my boss asked me if I would work this weekend and again in February, with the possibility of a few more shifts in the coming week if my co-worker hasn't returned to work. It should give me enough of a buffer so that I won't be fretting about going to Pantheacon next month. Woot for synchronicity!

I did some ancestor work on my lunch break and that felt good. I've been mapping out my lineage on a medicine wheel and it's been interesting to see what falls out where. My father's paternal lineage is placed in the North, while my mother's maternal lineage is in the West. I thought back in June that my mother's paternal lineage would be in the East and my father's maternal lineage would be in the South but they've switched. Once I start working with those lineages I'll have more of an idea. It's just interesting to see how things have shifted, both within and without, in the past 7 months. I'm enjoying the work and I have some ideas on what I need to do before my next intensive, which will likely be in May. Funny that I'm feeling drawn to work with my father's maternal line, when his mother was born in May...

No comments:

Post a Comment