Sunday, January 11, 2009

Everyday Medicine: Calm

I love days filled with mist and shadow. Looking out over the flooded Snohomish Valley and seeing the mist rise from the water was creepy and awe inspiring. I love the days that feel in-between and today was one. Life is good. One of my Yule presents for my family was the Cookie of the Month club, so today I delivered Double Chocolate Mint cookies to my parents and brother. I do believe they were much appreciated by all. It was good to talk with them for a bit and it will be fun to do it for them throughout the year.

I missed posting last night because I was spending time with a friend and I didn't feel up to posting once we did a Fire ceremony and I drove her home. It feels good to come to terms with feeling awkward about not keeping up by posting each and every day. I feel really good about staying with the daily posting for almost a month with very few non-posting days. It's funny how much I needed to prove to myself that I can indeed stick with something that is important to me. You'd think that I'd have learned that one by now. *snort* Ah, the joys of learning.

Calm was the focus for the day. I pulled a Brian Froud Faery card and it was all about being thankful for those who who challenge us by their meddling and "I know what's best, here let me help!" attitudes. It may not happen often, but sometimes they are spot on with their observations and what they do or say is exactly what I need to receive. I am fully aware that I have that same meddling tendency as well- in abundance, in fact. I can only hope that most of the time my observer self can get the invisible duct tape over my mouth before I well and truly step in it. For the most part, it's been a very calm and cheerful sort of day and I'm looking forward to some down time this evening. No matter what, it will be delightful, whether it's watching Star Trek: Voyager with Paul or reading Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire while taking a long soak or something else entirely.

No comments:

Post a Comment