Saturday, January 31, 2009

Today's Medicine: Overcoming Apathy

Nothing makes us more productive than the last minute. - Anonymous

*snort* This is the most fitting quote for me right now. I've had the last three days to prepare for a candle making party I am doing at my house tomorrow. When did I get the most things done around the house? Tonight, of course. I suppose it makes sense: I was the kid who would completely re-write her book report the night before it was due. Alas, some things seem to never change.

I've been feeling really melancholy and apathetic this past few days. It's taken quite a bit for me to put my big girl pants on and deal with things. I'm not clear on what's going on but it feels like there is a shift going on within myself and I just need more time than usual to process things. Instead of looking at something and instantly getting it, I'm finding myself absorbing the information before acting on it. It's almost like I'm in slow motion. Not necessarily a bad thing but certainly uncomfortable at times...

No comments:

Post a Comment