Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Today's Medicine: Respond not React

I'll be heading out tomorrow for a weekend in San Jose. I'll be attending Pantheacon, a convention that celebrates all sorts of alternative spiritualities. Every year I shed light into the undiscovered country within myself, so I"m really looking forward to it. Plus I'll be spend some time with some dear ones, which is always nice. I'm also looking forward to finding myself along the way in moments of solitude.

My job is giving me ample opportunities to Respond rather than React. It's always fun to discover that I have that choice. My more enlightened self likes to think I do more Responding than Reacting but I know better. I think this will be an ongoing lesson, at least until I've integrated it more firmly within and without. What I need to remember is that I have many beautiful and terrible uncontrollable beings in my daily existence and it doesn't do much for me to think I can change their behaviors. In the end all I can do is change me. And that's a huge enough job for any one person!

No comments:

Post a Comment