Sunday, February 22, 2009

Everyday Medicine: Moving Through Changes

I hate sitting in discomfort. And I'm not talking about a hard dining room chair either. I'm talking about the discomfort that comes from doing that which I'm afraid to do. It's the discomfort from learning through being inadequate. It's the discomfort when I listen to my heart and allow myself to be in service to others even when I'm not sure I'm ready. It's knowing that change is the only real constant in this life. It's knowing that the changes I choose to allow into my life will impact the way I function within the world. And it's knowing that no matter what I think now, the end result of those changes will be for the best outcome.

Marianne Williamson has a quote: Your playing small does not serve the world. I feel I've been living that quote since before my fortieth birthday. Maybe it's time for me to shift it into gear, take a deep breath and see where the road takes me...

No comments:

Post a Comment