Saturday, January 23, 2010

Today's Medicine: Going with the Flow

I woke up feeling pretty rested and thought about all the things I wanted to get done. Hah. Should have known that the Universe was giggling at me. I got up and puttered around for a bit, getting my daily chores done: water for my altars, a pot of tea brewing, the bird feeders topped off. My intention was to get some loose ends tied off, including my long overdue New Orleans travelogue and a letter to my German pal Andrea finished. The biggest thing hanging over my head was some homework from my Human Sexuality class, including a professional journal entry and a quiz. After much procrastinating, I finished the journal entry and tried to find the quiz. I wanted to sit at the comfort of my kitchen table so I had the birds to keep me company.

It wasn't there. And the e-mail from my instructor that told us where to find it had gone missing too. Needless to say I was peeved. Irritated to the point where I snapped at Paul when he tried to joke at me. Twice. (When apologizing to Paul about it later, his friend Eugene said that he imagined I must have looked like Braveheart. Apparently that's what an irritated Angela looks like to him. I find this endlessly amusing.)

After stomping around the website, I finally decided lunch was probably a good idea. Food soothes the savage beaste and all that. Of course, as soon as I finished lunch and took a peek online, there was the quiz. I printed it off and settled in to do it. And that's when the phone started ringing.

To make a long story short (too late!), I ended up spending the afternoon and evening shifting gears between doing my quiz and visiting with various people, both in person and on the phone. I just now finished the last short answer question (What is sexual intelligence? How would you assess your own sexual intelligence?) and I'm ready to bury myself in bed for the night. I don't think the cats would mind so much: they've been clamoring for my attention all day today.

I will say that I am pleased that I didn't really put the quiz off until the last minute (it's due Monday) since it wasn't available until today. So I can't beat myself up at all about that, which is a nice change. And I'm amused at the fact that I just read today's Simple Abundance, which is all about ACCEPTING WHAT IS. *snort* Funny, that.

No comments:

Post a Comment