Friday, December 11, 2009

Today's Medicine: Call of the Wild



"If future generations are to remember us with gratitude rather than contempt, we must leave them something more than the miracles of technology. We must leave them a glimpse of the world as it was in the beginning, not just after we got through with it."– President Lyndon B. Johnson, on the signing of the Wilderness Act of 1964


I know I'm an armchair pagan, at least half the time. Instead of walking outside into the wonderful world of nature, I'll sit inside with a cup of tea and watch the birds at my feeder. Yet this quote strikes a chord within me, touches the wild green woman who lives deep underneath the technologically savvy person I am today. It helps me see the world with my other eyes, through the eyes of the untamed being who shares my skin. And I am truly grateful for the reminder.

No comments:

Post a Comment